How To Help Aging Parents In Colorado
At Althaus Law, our attorneys understand the worries that arise as your parents age. From who will care for them to where they will live, our experienced team can guide you through the entire process.
If you have questions about how to protect and care for your aging parents, give us a call at 720-547-2319 in Northglenn or 719-249-2785 in Colorado Springs. You can also schedule an appointment online for answers to your difficult questions.
Where Will My Parents Live As They Age?
Whether one of your family goals is to have your parents remain in their home, or if your family has decided that obtaining care outside of the home is the best choice, our lawyers can help.
We work with individuals throughout the Denver and Colorado Springs communities who specialize in finding the absolute best living situation for our aging loved ones. There are many options to choose from, including:
- At-home care – allowing parents to stay living in their home
- Assisted living – providing a new home for your parents where they can have access to immediate help and other services if needed
- Skilled nursing homes – offering more services and specialized care than a normal assisted living facility would offer
- Memory-care units – advanced care for our loved ones who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
No matter what options work for you, our attorneys will be by your side.
Make Sure Your Parents’ Plan Is Up To Date
While going through the process of finding the best arrangements for your parents, it is equally as critical to ensure that their planning documents are up to date. This includes reviewing everything, including their:
- Medical and financial powers of attorney
- Living wills
- HIPAA releases
- Property memos
- Declaration for final arrangements
If their plan is out of date or not written in a way that meets your parents’ goals, it can make things very difficult for you, your family, and wind everyone up in court. Our lawyers can make the process smooth and avoid the probate process for everyone involved.
Call Our Lawyers To Help Protect Your Aging Parents – Serving the Denver and Colorado Springs Areas
Contact our lawyers online or give us a call to learn about the options for updating your parents’ plan and making sure they are protected. We make the process easy for people throughout Denver, the north metro, and Colorado Springs.