Whether one of your family goals is to have your parents remain in their home, or if your family has decided that obtaining care outside of the home is the best choice, our lawyers can help.
We work with individuals throughout the Denver and Colorado Springs communities who specialize in finding the absolute best living situation for our aging loved ones. There are many options to choose from, including:
- At-home care – allowing parents to stay living in their home
- Assisted living – providing a new home for your parents where they can have access to immediate help and other services if needed
- Skilled nursing homes – offering more services and specialized care than a normal assisted living facility would offer
- Memory-care units – advanced care for our loved ones who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
No matter what options work for you, our attorneys will be by your side.
Make Sure Your Parents’ Plan Is Up To Date
While going through the process of finding the best arrangements for your parents, it is equally as critical to ensure that their planning documents are up to date. This includes reviewing everything, including their:
- Medical and financial powers of attorney
- Living wills
- HIPAA releases
- Property memos
- Declaration for final arrangements
If their plan is out of date or not written in a way that meets your parents’ goals, it can make things very difficult for you, your family, and wind everyone up in court. Our lawyers can make the process smooth and avoid the probate process for everyone involved.